This article is about 2019 courses. For the latest course dates, visit our dedicated GIS training page.
Are you unsure about shapefiles? Not confident with metadata? Forgotten how to buffer, snap and clip?
Our 3-day GIS course uses case studies, hands-on activities and real-world projects to show how marine and coastal datasets can support decision-making. The course also considers common problems faced when mapping the marine environment (including projections, vertical datums, etc.) and includes a GIS Clinic where delegates can discuss specific issues relevant to them.
By the end of the course you will know and understand:
- what GIS is, what spatial data is, raster and vector data models
- the core tasks involved in GIS analysis including acquisition, storage, management, manipulation and presentation
- the core functionality of ArcMap, ArcCatalog and the embedded ArcToolbox
- how to import data and handle tables
- georeferencing raster images
- the creation and editing of spatial data
- basic geoprocessing tasks
- ModelBuilder basics
The course is validated under the Association for Geographic Information CPD scheme and the GIS Certification Institute GIS Professional (GISP) Award.
2019 GIS course dates
29 - 31 January
30 April - 2 May
16 – 18 July
22 – 24 October
To book your place, visit the GeoData website.
For more information, contact Oliver Ringwood, ABPmer GIS Trainer on 02380 711869.