ABPmer awarded Cyber Essentials certification
We are delighted to announce that our IT and internet management systems have been awarded Cyber Essentials certification. The Cyber Essentials certification scheme is part of the UK Government’s National Cyber Security Strategy and provides an independent assessment of the security measures that organisations have in place to mitigate risks from internet-borne threats.
To gain the certification, we completed a Cyber Essentials self-assessment, which was subsequently externally assessed for compliance with the requirements of the scheme, by an accredited Certification Body.
To comply with the scheme we demonstrated we have the following five key controls in place that, can prevent around 80% of cyber-attacks, when implemented correctly. These are:
- Boundary firewalls and internet gateways – these are devices designed to prevent unauthorised access to or from private networks, but good setup of these devices either in hardware or software form is important for them to be fully effective.
- Secure configuration – ensuring that systems are configured in the most secure way for the needs of the organisation
- Access control – ensuring only those who should have access to systems have access and at the appropriate level.
- Malware protection – ensuring that virus and malware protection is installed and is it up to date
- Patch management – ensuring the latest supported version of applications is used and all the necessary patches supplied by the vendor been applied.
Demonstrating compliance with the requirements of the Cyber Essentials scheme provides assurance to our clients, suppliers, employees and other stakeholders that we have taken steps to be fundamentally cyber safe, by embedding information risk management measures in our systems and day to day working practices.
Like this? Sign up for our newsletter
+44 (0) 2380 711 844